Teens of Wicca
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helpful Books

2 posters

Go down

Helpful Books Empty Helpful Books

Post  HawkPrincess Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:18 pm

Hey guys, just thought it would be cool if we could all get together here and create a list of books that have helped us so we can find books we may have missed Smile. I guess you can also warn people away from not so great books too. Title, Author, a little bit about it (content), and maybe what you liked/disliked about it or something like that, please Smile. If you wanna rate the book (out of five, go ahead and rate over 5 if you want but the normal scoring shall be 0 [horrible] - 5 [awesome]) use the star smilie Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven. And for commenting or rating a book already posted by another member just quote their review and then put your bit farao.
- study study study -
Title: The Practice of Witchcraft (an introduction to beliefs and rituals of the old religion)
Author: Robin Skelton
About: This is a big introductory to Wicca. To me it is almost like a guide book. I borrowed it from a friend whos mom is Wiccan.
content- basically a FAQ with pretty detailed answers about all sorts of witch myths, beliefs, blah blah blah, the basics. Then the rituals and celebrations, sabbats and esbats, accompanied by examples. The book ends with spells from the author.

I liked The Practice of Witchcraft because it has helped create a strong knowledge of the basics and therefore a strong foundation Smile. It was a pretty fun book to read, had a light tone. I recommend it even if you have a firm grip on the basics because it goes over them deeply and I enjoyed that he went into how some myths came to be.
- study study study -
Oh my goodness! That almost resembles a book report! :O My teachers would probably pass out from shock Razz. Never liked doing them. I have another one (I'm not finished reading this though).
- study study study -
Title: To Ride A Silver Broomstick
Author: Silver RavenWolf
About: This is also about the basics.
This book has a broader field of information. From what I see in the table of contents it goes over just about everything some things are only talked about briefly but the basics are definately chalk full of info. This book is in a sort of text book format. At the end of each chapter there are questions and tasked assigned to you by RavenWolf and done by you in a notebook. It's really good for keeping track and helps to see just what you are feeling and learning from this and see how you change over the course of the book.

I like that it keeps me on track and helps keep me up to date on what I really think.
- study study study -

Last edited by HawkPrincess on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
HawkPrincess
HawkPrincess
Witch

http://twitter.com/HawkPrincess

Back to top Go down

Helpful Books Empty Re: Helpful Books

Post  Obsidian Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:21 pm

Okay so.... Theres a book I read a while back it was by Thea Sabin it was a great book, only problem is I don't remeber what it was called ): I think it was something with beginners in it? Sorry guys.. ): Okay well in the book it explains the baisics to wicca, different ways to ground, how to make your own spell, etc, etc. It is baisically an overview of wicca and I highly recommend it (: It helped me out alot (:
Obsidian
Obsidian
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkPrincess Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:28 pm

Okay so.... Theres a book I read a while back it was by Thea Sabin it was a great book, only problem is I don't remeber what it was called ): I think it was something with beginners in it? Sorry guys.. ): Okay well in the book it explains the baisics to wicca, different ways to ground, how to make your own spell, etc, etc. It is baisically an overview of wicca and I highly recommend it (: It helped me out alot (:
Wicca for Begginers by Thea Sabin Smile
HawkPrincess
HawkPrincess
Witch

Back to top Go down

Post  Obsidian Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:36 pm

YES!! That book! (: Thanks!
Obsidian
Obsidian
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkPrincess Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:38 pm

No problem Smile Just thought I'd check it out and share what I found.
HawkPrincess
HawkPrincess
Witch

Back to top Go down

Post  Obsidian Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:41 pm

(: its appreciated
Obsidian
Obsidian
Elder

Back to top Go down